Easy to use.
Easy to set up.
Ready for the future.
| ||Just what your clinic's|
The MEL 80 is a top quality Carl Zeiss Meditec product, designed to make the correction of vision defects even safer, more patient-friendly and individual. All the parameters of this ultramodern work platform are oriented towards increasing efficiency, achieving optimum treatment results and the rapid recovery of vision. Key factors here are the extremely fast ablation, customized treatment planning with the optional CRS-Master, the high-performance eyetracker system and the "Eye Registration" torsion compensation system.
Better for the Eye
With the tiniest spot size and its Gaussian beam profile the MEL 80 produces matchless quality in corneal ablation - exact, even and protective of the surrounding tissue. Even in complex ablation procedures, the large overlap of the laser spot zones yields very smooth surfaces.
Two specially optimized ablation profiles help you produce excellent results:
- ASA (Aberration Smart Ablation) – tried and tested strongly aspherical profiles, optimized for "mesopic vision"
- TSA (Tissue Saving Algorithm) – the conservative tissue-saving alternative with lower asphericity for re-treatment and thin corneas
The MEL 80 helps you significantly reduce the duration of treatment. This has the following benefits:
Everything's under control!
- The stromal bed is only open for a short period; this prevents dehydration and speeds up the regeneration process
- The thermally-optimized distribution of the laser firing pattern protects the stroma - despite the high ablation speed
- Patients' stress is relieved; they only need to concentrate for a few seconds on the fixation light
- Increased efficiency levels and number of patients you see
An active eyetracker with excellent feedback times and an ultrarapid IR camera provides exact positioning during the laser treatment. Thanks to automatic pupil recognition you can adjust the desired centering point within seconds. This also includes the limbus. If the center of the pupil shifts with relation to the limbus during ablation - through asymmetrical contraction, for instance - the eyetracker compensates for this. And what's more - no pupil-dilating medication (with its attendant waiting times) is necessary prior to this treatment
for your patients
Carl Zeiss has dedicated itself to constantly improving the customized ablation procedure. One successful result of this development is the CRS-Master. This system integrates the data from the wavefront diagnosis and the cornea topography in the MEL 80 and gives you full control over all treatment parameters at a glance.
| || Highlights|
FDA Clinical Trial of the MEL 80™
Early Experience with the MEL 80 in our High-Volume Clinic
FDA Approves MEL 80 and VisuMax Lasers
MEL 80 Clinical Results