USB Hub & Key Instructions
|Fine-tune your Stratus OCT™ techniques|
Centering the Scan
- A USB drive is a convenient way to transfer data or capture images for presentations, etc.
- A USB hub can be attached to the printer cable without removing the back cover of the Stratus computer. Please see the attached information for details.
The Repeat Scan Function
- The centering line is especially helpful to center a scan over the fovea, optic nerve head or other area of interest.
- During scanning, on the active scanning screen, if you right click on the scan image a vertical line appears in the center of the scan. This will help you determine if the scan is aligned appropriately.
- Minor adjustment to the scan placement on the retina might be necessary for accurate alignment.
- This is especially useful with the fast macula scan and fast optic nerve head scan. See this example.
- After the patient's first visit, the use of the Repeat function at each subsequent visit will help assure excellent scan reproducibility.
- This protocol enables you to assess retinal changes between examinations and thereby to monitor pathologies.
- The repeat scan allows you to repeat any saved scan group using the same set of parameters. The parameters that are repeated are scan size, angle, and the placement of scan, landmark and fixation.
- To repeat a scan, select the desired scan group in the main window, from a previous visit. Then click on the repeat scan icon.
- When acquiring or reviewing a repeat scan, click the Show Old Fundus Image button
to toggle between the current fundus video image and the saved fundus photo of the original scan.